CBD Carrot Cake Bites
14th Apr 2021
Carrot cake bites are one of our favorite grab-and-go snacks for springtime!
To make these CBD carrot cake bites, we relied on some of our favorite ingredients from classic carrot cake. Carrots, raisins, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, and ginger add texture and flavor, while almond butter and maple syrup help bind them together.
Our Hemp + Ashwagandha Honey adds around 3mg of CBD and the stress-relieving properties of ashwagandha to every bite. This makes these carrot cake bites nourishing for both body and mind.
While the flavor of ashwagandha can be a bit bitter, it's bold flavor is balanced by the cinnamon and ginger, as well as the sweetness from the maple syrup and honey. It's truly the perfect flavor combination.
These carrot cake energy bites are made right in a food processor - no need to even shred your carrots to make this recipe. The food processor does all the work, from pulsing the carrots to breaking down the oats and coconut into a flour-like consistency, and finally combining all the ingredients to form a soft carrot cake dough.
All that's left for you to do is scoop them into balls, chill, and enjoy!
We love these bites as a mid-morning snack or a healthy treat to pack for a spring picnic. To turn them into a more dessert-appropriate treat, you can dip them into melted white chocolate. Either way, we think you'll love this simple, nutrient dense and stress relieving recipe.
CBD Carrot Cake Bites
These simple, healthy carrot cake energy bites are made entirely in a food processor. Our hemp + ashwagandha infused honey adds 3mg of CBD and the stress-relieving properties of ashwagandha to every bite!
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Luce Farm Hemp + Ashwagandha Infused Honey ((60 mg CBD))
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Break or cut the carrot into 4 pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5-6 times, or until broken up into tiny bits. Dump carrots into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add oats and coconut to the food processor (no need to clean out the carrot bits stuck to the sides!) and pulse 10-15 times, until a coarse cornmeal-like texture is achieved.
- Leave oat/coconut mixture in the food processor, and add cinnamon, ginger, salt, almond butter, maple syrup, and hemp-infused honey, blending to combine.
- Finally, add back in the carrots with the raisins and walnuts, and pulse 5-6 times to mix everything together. If needed, use a spatula to scrape down the sides and make sure everything is well incorporated after the final mix.
- Scoop the carrot cake mixture with a small cookie scoop, or by the heaping tablespoonful, to yield approximately 18 balls. Roll each ball between the palms of your hands to smooth.
- These can be eaten immediately, and any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.