Overnight Oats with CBD Almond Caramel Sauce
10th May 2021
Overnight oats are one of our go-to breakfasts as soon as the weather starts to warm up. They're cold, creamy, made with nutrient-dense chia seeds, oats, and yogurt. It's a great way to have a healthy breakfast ready and waiting for you on busy mornings.
Here, we're giving overnight oats a major flavor and health upgrade by topping them with a homemade CBD Almond Butter Caramel Sauce. It's thick, sweet, and tastes like an indulgent breakfast topping. That's despite being made with healthy fat and protein from almond butter, along with 10mg of CBD from our Hemp-Infused Coconut Oil, and the natural sweetness of maple syrup.
This recipe couldn't be easier to make. Overnight oats are stirred together directly in a jar, then tucked away in the fridge to soak overnight. By morning, they'll be thick, creamy, and ready to be topped with homemade caramel.
In the morning, almond butter, maple syrup, water, and our hemp-infused coconut oil are stirred together in a small bowl, then generously swirled on top of the overnight oats. You could stop there, or top it with fresh fruit for some additional natural sweetness and fiber.
Overnight Oats with CBD Almond Butter Caramel Sauce
A simple, healthy recipe for overnight oats, topped with a thick, maple syrup sweetened, CBD infused almond butter caramel sauce! Make a single serving for yourself, or prepare several jars at once to have an easy grab-and-go breakfast prepped ahead for the entire week!
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or any yogurt of choice)
- 1/2 cup water (or any milk of choice)
- small splash vanilla extract
Almond Butter Caramel
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon Luce Farm Hemp-Infused Coconut Oil ((10mg CBD))
- Place all ingredients for overnight oats into a 16oz jar (or similar container with a lid) and stir to combine. Place lid on the jar and transfer to the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to eat, stir together all ingredients for the almond butter caramel in a small bowl. The mixture will be separated at first, but continue stirring and it will become smooth and glossy.
- Top overnight oats with caramel and swirl to combine. Add fresh fruit, if desired, and serve immediately.
Overnight oats can be made up to 5 days in advance. Simply store in the fridge until ready to eat. To make dairy-free, omit the greek yogurt and use your favorite plant-based yogurt instead; alternately, you can also make this recipe with 1 cup of non-dairy milk instead of 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1/2 cup of water/milk, though the end result will be slightly less thick and creamy.